4 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas leak fire

District Correspondent Narayanganj
Published: 10 June 2019, 01:14 PM | Updated: 10 June 2019, 01:15 PM
4 of a family burnt in N’ganj gas leak fire

Four members of a family burnt in a fire that broke out at a house at Pagla area in Fatullah upazila of Narayanganj early Monday.

The injured are Abdul Alim, 70, his daughter Sheuly, 35, granddaughter Juthi, 14 and another granddaughter Tanzila Akhter, 6.

The injured were admitted to the burn unit of Dhaka Medical College and Hospital.

The fire originated from a gas line leakage at the house of Abdul Alim at 5 am when they were all asleep, said Fatullah Model Police Station’s officer-in-charge Aslam. 

Hearing screams of the inmates, locals rushed to the house and rescued them after breaking the door, the OC added.

Podcast