4 of a family burnt in Munshiganj building blast
Four members of a family suffered burn injuries in an explosion on the fifth floor of a building in Munshiganj early Saturday.
The injured are Rizvi, his wife Rozina, their son Rayan and mother Shaheda Khatun. Of them, Shaheda is in critical condition.
They were admitted to Sheikh Hasina National Institute of Burn and Plastic Surgery (SHNIBPS).
According to local source, a loud sound was heard from the fifth floor of the building around 6:30am. Later, a fire broke out at a flat of the floor. Being informed, two firefighting units rushed to the spot and doused the fire. At that time, four people were burnt.
Abu Yousuf, In-charge of Munshiganj Sadar Fire Service and Civil Defence, said the fire is believed to have been caused by the explosion of an electronic device.